Anyone had an ablation? Question.

I had an ablation at the beginning of April and I've been very happy with the results until just lately. For the past couple weeks I've been having cramps and lower back pain (kinda like contractions). Then today out of nowhere I started bleeding. Literally out of nowhere, I had to run to the bathroom with blood running down my legs. It was brown to start, but has lightened a little to a dark red. It's not too heavy, aside from the initial bit, but I am still having cramps and back pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll be calling my gyn tomorrow to get in to see her, but just looking for any input from anyone who may have been through this. Thanks.

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• Call your doctor! What I just read and what you are saying don't add up. Peace and Love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Yikes! I just had one on Tuesday, so I have no idea what to expect. I've heard that it's possible for the heat to actually seal the uterus so blood builds up inside. Maybe that's it? Good luck with the doctor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thanks for replying. I'm feeling somewhat better, the cramps and bleeding have tapered off, but I will still be calling the gyn tomorrow. Not sure if this is normal or not so I'll get it checked out.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009