Might be a stupid question?

Okay so My Doctor said I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. I Like to look up online the daily changes in the baby and me. Im 30 weeks and 1 day. So I was wondering does measuring 2 weeks ahead mean I should look up 32 weeks pregnancy instead of 30?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• measuring ahead doesnt always mean your ahead but i think in my case i was actually ahead i was measuring 2wks ahead and had my baby at 38wks you can always look at both weeks wont hurt anything
    Anonymous

• Maybe. If the doctor is not sure of due dates then you should have an ultrasound. Don't let the doctor induce you just because she isn't sure of your due date!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• No. The fundal height has no bearing on due dates; it's more to make sure growth is happening. It's actually a very inaccurate measurement (as far as dates and size go), since it can vary greatly in a single doctor visit just by the baby moving (mine went from two weeks small to one week big in the space of 10 minutes). The baby's position has everything to do with that measurement, whether it's lying up and down or side to side, or if it's descended into the pelvis or hanging out in your rib cage. Go with the due date based on your last period and your first ultrasound, and just ignore the fundal height.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• in some of the pregnancy groups some women measure like 47 weeks and their like 32 in actuality so I dont think its very accurate
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Well it's not *perfectly* accurate, but keeping track of the month-to-month changes can help to notice anything if significant or dramatic occurs.

With Domonique's example, that would be very dramatic-- that mom might have surprise twins. Due date might be way off, maybe too much fluid...

If you were to measure slightly off here & there it would not matter or change anything. Sometimes it's "off" because a different person is taking the measurement and they do it differently. Or baby had a growth spurt. Or baby is in a position that alters the shape of the uterus slightly.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009