So im freaking out

Today I am 36weeks and 5 days.
I am getting extremly nervous.

I have been experiencing some cramping here and there that stops me from doing everything...very painful....but its every once in a while so im not concerned with labor being early yet but I know the baby has dropped, and I feel like im getting closer and closer.

Im not one of those preg women who want the baby out NOW im more like when its time its time, so im not rushing it but I just feel like its getting closer....ahhhh

Im freaked out...im trying for all natural because the epidural scares me...weird I know but it really does and I have this thing against pain killers so im pretty sure itll be natural but im freaked out for the intense contractions....the possibility of tearing, hoping i make it out alive, oh gosh im just a ball of worry...

advice please!!!

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all, don't think you sound weird at all. I worry over everything too. I'm only almost 29 weeks and I worry when I get cramps. It's just a normal thing. If the cramping is that intense and makes you stop doing what you're doing, I would definitely go to the hospital. If it were me I would anyways. but if it is labor don't worry! You're almost 37 weeks. The baby is full term. Good luck! I hope everything works out
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hire a doula. Go to google and find a doula in your area. If you can't afford full price some charge on a sliding fee schedule. Some will barter. There may be a doula working on certification that charges little.

Did you go to childbirth classes? If not rent childbirth class videos from the videostore or borrow them from the library. Read childbirth books. If you go into labor afraid you are going to have a lot more pain. Fear leads to tension leads to pain.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• are you in the Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth group?...i joined that group when i was pregnant and have found awesome support in there...check it out
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 2:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The best thing I can tell you is that your body knows what to do, and fighting it won't get you anywhere because it'll just do it's thing anyway. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009