My spine hurts. How serious is it?

since I had my son my lower back has been hurting pretty bad. I have noticed that it isn't the muscles, it's my spine that is hurting. At first I thought it was just from the epidural, but now I think it has to be something else since it has been so long(he is 14 months now). It isn't totally unbearable pain but it is very uncomfortable.
I don't know if it is realted but when I get up in the morning I feel like I slept under a rock, every part of my body hurts.

What could this be?

(yes I know"go to a doctor", that isn't in the cards for me right now so any help would be greatly appreciated)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you exercise regularly?
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• eh, kind of. I take a walk every day with my baby, and all of the rolling and chasing I do with him should count as some kind of exercise.

OP
    Anonymous

• regular stretching and exercising may help. Maybe you are a bit stressed and sleeping funny? Need a new mattress?

Maybe it's the way you are holding your baby? Or moving to change him? Or somthing? There could be many things which are creating your pain. Best of luck, peace and love
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• try some good spinal stretches, reaching down and touchiing your toes, spreading your feet apart and touchin opposite hand to opposite foot...thatll help stretch out the muscle surrounding the spinal column. also if your SO/hubby is around he could align is thumbs with the outer edges of your spine, not on the spine but very close, apply gentle pressure and glide the thumb away from the spine...to smooth and soften the muscles.

and some strength exercises for your back would help
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• When your baby was born your tailbone may have broken. You might not have known it right when it happened if you had an epidural.

My tailbone broke with my first baby. It had been broken twice before in accidents. The good news for me was that when if healed it was in a better position and my back ended up better than before.

It's something you might have checked out. It might be too late to tell now.

Pelvic tilts are a great, gentle exercise for lower backs. Make sure you wear good shoes. No heels, no bare feet.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• hmmm...sometimes rare but a epiduarl can cause this, go to your regualr doctor ,
    and get checked out ....they will indeed send you to pyshcial therapy ...or take some other kind of action
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2009