is he cheating

my husband is a truck driver and is gone for 2 to 3 weeks at a time,I just found out he is texting/talking with a female truck driver and to my suprise it has been going on for 4 or 5 months,he says they are just friends that trade innocent text messages,but he has kept this "friend" to his self. How I found out was he got a text when he was home and I asked him who it was from and he said from a guy he traded numbers with,well my gut told me something was up so I called the number after he left out and a woman answered and that is how I found out it was a girl and confronted him and that is when he said they were just friends. I am not sure what to think,do I call this girl back and ask her what kind of friend she really is,I am just hurt and confused on what I need to do nest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you ever talked to a divorce attny or a PI? 99% of the time if a woman thinks her man is cheating, he is. I hope you are that 1%.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If he lied to you to begin with and told you it was a guy friend then there must be something up. I mean there could be that SMALL chance that he only told you it was a guy because he didn't want you to get the wrong idea. So, did you talk to this girl? Maybe you should. Tell her you don't want no drama but you need to figure out what is going on and what to do. Sometimes girls actually will talk to you and tell you the truth. That's what I would do anyways
    heatherb8924

Answer by heatherb8924 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Sounds like he is. Especially since he lied about who he received the text from.. saying it was a guy. Very wrong
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It could be nothing at all. Maybe he didn't tell you because he thought you would think the worst. However, by not telling you and then you finding out the way you did makes it hard to not assume the worst.
    Men are pretty stupid though. They think that by not telling us something they are sparing our feelings but in reality it just raises suspicion and doubt.
    I have male friends that I text with and hang out with that are strictly platonic, however my husband knows about them and has met them.

As far as talking to the girl about it goes, I wouldn't bother. If they are having a fling and she knows he's married then she'll lie to cover for him. If there's nothing going on and she wants there to be then she might lie and say there is just to try and break up his relationship.

It comes down to how much you trust your husband. Talking to the girl will only make you seem crazy and jealous.
    Has he ever cheated before?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I guess that would be the only way to find out. If she told you the truth.

Answer by louise2 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Call the woman and see what she says. If he feels the need to lie to you about the situation, then there is probably something else going on. Maybe not - maybe he just didn't want you to be mad at him. BUT also - he could be hiding something. Whatever your gut is telling you is probably right.

Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Call her and talk to her. Don't loose your temper or anything. Just tell her he didn't let you know that he had a new friend AND that the friend was a female. I would definitely give her a call, most of us women will tell the truth when it comes to men.  Give her YOUR number as well.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• ya sorry to tell you you yes he is cheating i had a simular problem 8yrs ago. and it ended up in dovorce court .
    cyndilou76

Answer by cyndilou76 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i'd call, let her know who you are and ask what type of relationship she has with your DH. then dump his ass cause hes does sound like hes cheating
    Anonymous