What am I supposed to do, How do I deal with this...?

A little background::: I hate my boyfriends best friend for LEGIT reasons that dont apply to this question, BUT he lives in Mississippi right now which is AWESOME in my eyes and wants to live here?!?!?!?! Him and his baby momma and their 2 kids want to buy a house here, and right across the street or at least in the same neighborhood, I DO NOT WANT THIS for our family! John and Chris will be together like EVERYDAY and its bad enough they talk on the phone like 4 times a day, EVERYDAY! its so annoying, when is he going to grow up? Im so mad, and i get so upset about it, i can feel my blood pressure go up! It really blows my mind...So my questions is: How do i deal with this, How do i not let this jealousy or whatever it is ruin our relationship? I am just praying that things don't work out for them and that they can't move here, is that wrong??????????????????

Jalisasmommy

Asked by Jalisasmommy at 11:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Just come over to my house! Just kidding. I would just wait and see if you even have to worry about it. If they do move, give it some time. At first he might be over there all the time but maybe it will get old. If not, schedule times that he needs to be home. Like for dinner or "family nights". I hope it all works out!
    vandjmom

Answer by vandjmom at 11:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Seems to me you are answering your own question. Everything you are saying about him, and your relationship is sending off HUGE warning bells and red flags for me. Just remember, it's easier to walk away from a BG than it is a bad marriage.
    Anonymous

• Grr..I meant BF not BG. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• If your boyfriend chooses this idiot over you, then you'll know what to do. Hopefully they won't actually move into your neighborhood & you won't have to deal with it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I agree with the above poster, no sense in worrying about until you have to. Then, I would set guidelines, like what time he should be home to spend time with you and Jalisa.
    KayleesMom67

Answer by KayleesMom67 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Don't worry about it even if it does happen it will wear thin, do you get along with his babies momma? If so you may have a new friend or at least a co-conspiritor who might not like the idea any more than you do. You can work together to keep them apart!! Good luck with this. I had something like that with my husbands BF I made it so he won't come over to the house any more. It has been 3 months since I have seen him!!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Um, is he a bad influence? I hated my Dh's former best friend. HATED him. Banned him from our home. Well, all that worked against me until he wrecked MY car one night. Then he disappeared and hasn't come around. DH found out exactly how his friend was - not much of one. You can't just get a guy to "grow up." They have to see and experience things on their own. Mine finally grew up when he found friends that value their families and children - and they told him to do the same.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• To Fawn80: he has actually left his baby momma to come live in TX like 2 years ago and started dating this stripper and then at that time John had broken up with me and i found out he was talking to someone else, whether it was because of Chris or not, i still feel like it was his fault and hated the things he introduced John to while he was here! It was like John was a whole other person and tore us up bad but we are over it and have moved on obviously but its like i don't want the chance of that ever happening again! EVER, and if he moves down here, WHO knows whats going to happen, i hate to be a negative person but when it comes to him i can't help it! Thanks for all your replies, i shall wait it out and pray about it!
    Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 2:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008