What food made you nauseated when you were pregnant? And how long did it took you to start eating the food again?

On my 1st pregnancy, the smell of fried chicken, the taste of any cooked chicken, and pineapples made me sick. I was able to eat chicken again after I had my baby girl. Now the memory of pineapples still made me cringe every time I try to eat it. LOL

On this pregnancy, the smell and taste of Chinese food especially the chow miens sickens me which is surprising since Chinese food is (or was ) my favorite food.

What are yours?

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had to leave the house EVERY time I cooked meat! Luckily it was summer and I wasn't freezing!
    I also had a hard time with fats. That means my mean mayonnaise fetish was slowed a lot!
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant with my oldest, it was McDonald's chocolate shakes. I could get them from anywhere else and be fine, but theirs made me sicker than a dog. I was able to start having them again pretty much right after I gave birth.

With my youngest, I couldn't eat mexican food. At first, it was Taco Bell, which I figured was just b/c it was fast food and greasy and stuff, but then it would happen when I made tacos or anything at home. And that, actually, still happens every now and then today, and my baby is 6 now. Not very often, but now and then I will still get sick, but now it's only TB so I pretty much just avoid TB.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• yogurt...started to be able to eat it again in my 3rd trimester
    red meat....never liked it but at least now i can hold it down
    oh and bananas...for the 1st trimester bananas would make me sick
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• In the first 3 months I only could eat risce krispy treats and cereal, everything else made me sick and I couldn't stand the smell of food. And after I could finally eat normal again I couldn't stand the smell of mexican food or ground beef.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• There were really no smells of food that made me sick, but the smell of car exhaust and gas made me puke more than a few times when I was pregnant with my second child. There were times when I was in the car with my husband and he had to pull over to let me throw up because of the fumes from a car in front of us.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009