What age do you consider too young to have a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Under 16.
    Anonymous

• If you haven't graduated High School, so that varies a bit 16, 17, 18....
    Anonymous

• under 18
    Anonymous

• any age the mother cannot provide a stable loving home for the baby, unless she plans to give it up for adoption.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i agree under 16 but my mom had me at 15 and she did just fine. She is also very successful at her company and she had her second child, my sister, at 22 I believe so she waited. when she had me my father, 22, was 7 years older than my mom and never paid a cent of child support, helped pay any bills, my mom had to work 2 jobs, one I had to stay with my aunt, the other she could bring me...she did her best and she did great

Because my mom was so young I knew so many others. Her best friend, who recently passed of a stroke at 30years old, had her baby when she was 13. very young, but she as well ran her own business..she opened a massage business and ended being very successful with that before she died.

I think it depends but women/girls have to want to be a mom and be able to take care of their kids on their own...minus the help of parents.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• under 18
    Anonymous

• Unless you can provide a loving, stable, financially secure home for your child, you have no business having one no matter what your age is!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I don't think there's an "age" to be honest.
    I think if you're mentally and emotionally ready to dedicate your life to your little one, and can provide a stable environment and ready to do the absolute best you can do... then you're ready.
    I think you should want a baby as well, and not view it as an "accessory" as well.
    I've known a lot of women who got pregnant because either there friends were getting pregnant and getting attention and/or because they wanted one too... like babies are puppies.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• under 18. And no I am not bashing any young moms on here. I think it's harder when your still in high school to raise a child. However I know older moms that are worse than younger moms.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Under 18. High school should be done, at the least. A college degree would be better.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009