What is your favorite and easy dinner meals to make??

I am soooo tired of making the same things over and over, and I am in need of ideas!
I go to allrecipies.com all the time, but a lot of the time, i don't agree with a lot of the ratings. So I wanted to see if I could get some good ideas from you ladies!!

Let me know!! Thank you! :)

AliciaO

Asked by AliciaO at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I write a food blog on healthy things I feed my family.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

new recipes just about every day. You can search for budget meals, one pot meals, crock pot meals, vegetarian meals, etc. I'm doing more soups now that it's freezing! i also have desserts and party foods.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• spaggetti is the easiest. But you can do a lot with chicken. My family loves taco night and sloppy jo night
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 3:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Here are a few of my weekly menus. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes:
    Week of 10/18
    Sunday–black bean soup, quesadillas, avocado salad
    Monday–lentil tacos
    Tuesday–mushroom stroganoff
    Wednesday–stirfry
    Thursday–peanut noodles
    Friday–Mediterranean stew
    Saturday–pot pie
    Week of 10/11
    Sunday–chili
    Monday–not crab cakes, tofu fish sticks, baked sweet potato “fries”
    Tuesday–peanut noodles
    Wednesday–tamale bean pie
    Thursday–Mexican bean and pasta bake
    Friday–breakfast for dinner – pancakes and fruit
    Saturday–pizza (on the grill, weather permitting
    Week of 10/4
    Sunday–white chili
    Monday–lentil sloppy joes
    Tuesday–curry
    Wednesday–southwest falafel
    Thursday–zucchini and cheese enchiladas

Answer by rkoloms at 3:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• spaghetti is pretty easy
    tuna or chicken casserole is pretty simple too

hmmm..what else?
    uuummmm............Digorno pizza...LOL thats what i do when im SUPER lazy and tired
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• things everyone in the house loves..
    spaghetti
    chili
    beef stew
    chicken potpie

I find that looking up receipes on allreceipes is good but I always change them to suit my families needs.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Stuffed Crescent rolls..

You can use string cheese cut in half or 2 inch slices of cheddar cheese.
    Turkey lunch meat, the deli style, or Tofurky for vegetarians.
    Put 2 pieces of meat and one piece of cheese in, then roll it up.

Bake on ungreased sheet according to crescent rolls package directions.

----

Frito Chili Bake... Can be an appetizer too.

2 cans of chili with or without beans.
    1 and 1 half cups of marble cheddar cheese.

Mix together in a casserole bowl and bake until cheese melts.
    You can either dip the Fritos in after, or mix them in when baking is almost done.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I find throwing a roast or steak in the crockpot with some veggies to be super easy. Otherwise...potato salad with some kind of grilled meat, meatloaf w/ baked potatoes, soups of any kind are usually pretty easy, stroganoff is fairly simple. I go to allrecipes too, as well as foodnetwork.com. I always change up the recipes, though, b/c a lot of the time there is one ingredient that my kids won't eat, so I swap it out, or I add or swap or delete spices to suit my spice rack or my mood at the moment. Tacos are easy too, and if you make them a lot, you could always make burritos or fajitas instead, they are both quick and easy as well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd say my favorite easy meal is baked chicken - I only like white meat, so I use breasts, but you can use whatever kind your family likes. Put the pieces in a baking pan, sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cover well with foil, bake about an hour. I also sometimes put in whole or halved potatoes and it all bakes together.
    Hamburgs are also easy- I put in an egg and a package of dried onion soup mix.
    Refrigerator soup is easy: put in anything you have in your refrigerator. I've put in odd things,even, such as cooked turkey stuffing, cranberry sauce, tossed salad (with dressing!.) But usually I cook up bones for stock, remove meat pieces, add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, and whatever other vegetables or meats I have in the refrigerator or that I've saved in small baggies in the freezer rather than throw out that last little bit. I've even added stale bread chunks. I call it my free meal.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• For some really good and generally easy crockpot meals try 365 Days of Slow Cooking.com she writes about the difficulty and gives a review including what her kids thought.Sometimes the kids have a different opinion.She also will tell you if it was an all out flop and why.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• One of the quickest thing My family like and I like to cook is King Ranch Chicken
    Boiled chicken,deboned
    1 bellpepper, diced
    1 onion, diced
    1 can rotel
    1 can each of cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup
    1 can chicken broth ( saved from boiled chicken)
    1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese ( or what ever brand you like)
    1 bag of Nacho cheese darotios, crushed
    Mix all togeather in baking dish, bake until brown and not too moist
    I enjoy making this because I can mix it all togeather in the morning and then put it in the oven about 30 minutes befor my dh gets home from work. I also usually make a salad with it .
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 8:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009