California to ban large screen televisions!

Oh, this ought to tick the residents of California off even more --if that's possible!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1220664/California-set-ban-energy-guzzling-big-screen-TVs.html#ixzz0U3xhbkKC

For those who continue to support the Cap and Trade bill--you too, will be affected! Microwaves, toaster ovens, and air conditioning units will be next!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• this post makes absolutely no sense when you have a jackass as our president advocating electric cars. the energy sector is banking on electric cars as an alternative-THAT'S why the entire electrical grid in the U.S. is being revamped and renovated right now. to handle all of the future massive increases in electrical usage. who cares what your cali televisions will be doing when 2 million americans will be plugging their cars into an outlet in the garage over night?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I saved a LOT of money by unplugging my microwave when it's not being used.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 4:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• LOL this is funny....so many people have humongous TV's if theres a chance to vote on it it wont pass.

I personally dont even own a single TV so I dont care
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I live in California. I own one, medium sized TV that is usually unplugged for about 22-23 hours of the day. ..yea UNPLUGGED.
    I also unplug ...well, everything that's not in use. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Lol, energy guzzling large screen TV's...I'm sorry but this makes me laugh. What about all the big SUV's roaming the roads?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• May be wierd but I prefer my news to come from the United States, if not the state itself. California is proposing a ban in order to limit the number of big screens by no longer allowing retailers to sell them after 2011. This is what I found.. and I don't see the problem personally. I do live in California.  We own 1 32" tv.  Not seeing the problem considering the energy crisis we are already dealing with.

http://www.usnews.com/money/blogs/fresh-greens/2009/1/6/california-may-ban-big-screen-tvs.html

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I confess we have a decent sized flat screen TV and I will be damn if I give it up. Glad I don't live in Cali.
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:17, we have a large flat screen tv too, but we're in Virginia. My DH would throw a bitch fit if he had to give it up, he got the thing to watch Football on.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 4:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• ...How does a guy in the UK report it, but not someone in the US?
    Is this the only article you could find?
    For god's sake, he's talking about the energy saving costs in POUNDS, not dollars. Wth.
    Anonymous

• What's that saying again? "As California goes, so goes the rest of the country!"

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this law were to pass in California, that it would soon become law in the rest of the country! Now If THAT doesn't get people motivated to get out and and vote those legislators out who support making ownership of large screen TVs illegal, I don't know what will! LOL

I wonder how this would affect sports bars, electronics stores and such? You know capitalism?!

Great time to be telling people what to do with their money, huh?! (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009