Who is one person you admire in your chosen field (school, work, that sort of thing)?

Mine is Ina May Gaskin. I want to be a midwife and I feel so inspired by her! I would love to have her deliver my next child (whenever we start TTC and succeed, that is lol).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Joyce Carol Oates. I got to hear her speak once and she is lovely in person. She is extremely supportive of everyone in the language field, authors and educators. She wildly prolific and a good example of living a balanced professional life.

I used to think Alice Walker was someone to admire. Then I met her! She is the biggest c*^& ever. Totally disrespectful to her audience, rude and mocking to her agent, and so self-absorbed. I am sad that so many little girls read her work and admire her. She is no one to look up to.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'm a stay-at-home mom and so is/was my mother. I admire her more than anyone else in the world. She's the kindest, most beautiful woman I've ever known and the absolute best mom in the entire world! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Elizabeth Crary - parenting educator. She wrote Without Spanking or Spoiling in 1981 and it changed my life and formed the basis of my parenting along with attachment parenting (Sears).
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009