Does anyone else find this interesting?!

Given our current economic mess, and the direction the Obama Administration would like to take us in, does anyone else find it interesting that the country that serves as the "pinnacle of communism" is moving AWAY from this ideology?!

http://www.miamiherald.com/business/nation/story/1274888.html

"Cuban President Raul Castro has said several times that the ration book costs too much and provides too little. Since taking power from his brother Fidel in February 2008, he has been critical of Cuba's paternalistic system, saying deep state subsidies don't give people an incentive to work."

"...the cradle-to-grave guarantees Cuba has always provided its citizens, and which now are losing favor."

"If you were to allow the market to determine the prices, they would skyrocket immediately," he said. "Ideologically, the regime will see the free market as unthinkable. But, as an economist, I don't see what else is possible."

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 4:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• << I guess it's just the CONSERVATIVES that find this interesting!!! >

All liberals should pay attention to it lol ~ because once you take away the incentive to work hard (ie. earn more), there will be a lot less to be divided up and shared with the ones who aren't working.

Charity for those who can't work should be abundant and generously given. Stealing from people who do work so their earnings can be given to those who won't is wrong. Sooner or later everyone is equally miserable. Those who do work feel cheated because of how much of the money they earned has been stolen. Those who won't work ~ well, they are never satisfied. They want more and more, and they never appreciate anything. Eventually the 2nd bunch outnumbers the 1st. Always.

They say that religion accounts for more wars than anything else. I'd bet that taking from the workers to give to the lazy comes in a close second.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Whats that constant handouts don't give people incentive to work??

HUH no kidding?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• That is funny
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• LOL..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• in the words of my DH's ex wife "Why would I want to work when everything is paid for?" Got to love that attitude.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 4:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I guess it's just the CONSERVATIVES that find this interesting!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I find it interesting too. Nobody should expect to get anything for free and everyone should have an education so that they don't depend on Mom and Dad or on Welfare to survive. That is why I always hope that young women get a college degree and wait to get married before they have children. There are way too many unmarried moms out there getting freebies and living with Mom and Dad and using the system.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• WELL SAID, Farmlady!!!

good

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I agree, WELL SAID, Farmlady!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Democrats like to spread misery around equally.
    Anonymous