PPD question

I had pretty bad PPD with my first baby. I'm considering not having anymore children because it was so scary and horrible. I just hear so many negative things about having an only child from people. I grew up with 2 other siblings so I don't know what it's like. Do you think I have a good reason to have only 1 child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can take antidepressants right away so it doesn't get bad. You can still breastfeed. Sometimes women get it with the first and not others.

If you don't want to have another baby that's fine. There are lots of people that wish they didn't have their sibs.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The Grass is Always Greener on the other side! I am ad only child and loved it
    four2bmws

Answer by four2bmws at 6:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If you want more children I don't think the fear of PPD should stop you. You might not get it again, and if you do, at least you'll know the signs and symptoms this time and can get help right away. Like four2bmws said...some people love being an only child, and some don't. I think you should do what you feel is best for you and for your family.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009