I hope I donot get FIRED!!!

I was so sick this week. I called in Tuesday because my daughter was sick. Then I called in thursday and friday because some how I got strep-throat. I did go the doctor to get checkod out and I also have a note to return to work on Monday. I never call in to work three days in a week. When I go in tomorrow is there anything I should say to my boss or should I just hand him my note from my doctor???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Just give him the note. What sucks is most employers can fire anyone for any reason, or no reson at all.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'd just give him the note, and if you want to try to impress him a bit, you could always ask if there's anything that you need to work on that is a priority. I've had to call in 3 times in one week before, when I came back I just gave my boss the note and went back to work. If you make too big a deal about it, he might think that you fudged a bit, but if you just go about your day, he might not even say anything.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Don't worry, what could you do? Did they say something that would make you think you are going to get fired? Hand him the note, and tell him how much better you feel!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• when i worked at walmart and i was 8 months pregnant i got a really bad upper respiratory infection and missed one day because it happened on my two days off and they fired me even though i had a note from the ER. so as long as u don't work at walmart you should be okay
    zoeybearsmama

Answer by zoeybearsmama at 5:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• make sure you arrive ready to work early tomorrow, and be willing to work through lunch and stay late to catch up on any work that needs to be completed. lay low, do not waste time explaining the obvious--just get to work, and you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• i always just apologize and give them the note. i try to call them as soon as i possibly can to tell them i need to go to the doc b/c i'm sick, that way they have time to call someone else to fill in. if you're on pain meds or whatever else, and you have to take it while at work, show them you have it and tell them you have to take it, that it might make you a little drowsy.
    Anonymous

• Just give him the note. With the Swine Flu thing, more employers are being more understanding.

To the 8 month pregnant lady that got fired, I would have got an attorney and sued Walmart. I have a feeling it wasn't because you called in sick but because you were pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I love the advice from cafemoms. You guys are the best. Thanks for the answers they really help me out today :)
    Anonymous