my husband pastaway four months after we were married .

my twins were 1 yrold when this happend,and my daughter is now 4 talks about him all the time and about things that happend in the past.i was wondering how does she know these things when i never talk about him or his death?this is creepy!

cyndilou76

Asked by cyndilou76 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Well it could be that you dont talk about him but maybe other family members do and she could be using her imagination. It may help if you talk about him ask her what she thinks about daddy and if she misses him. Ask her what she thinks he looks like you will be surprised what kinda of details she can remember. I know that when I was 2 my Great aunt passed away and when I was about 15 I was talking to my mom about her and she pulled out a picture of her and she looked exactly as I thought she did when my mom never showed me any pictures of her when I was little. Then I told my mom about the dream I always had of her growing up about her funeral and what he casket looked like, all those years I thought it was a dream when it turned out to be a real memory. Talk to her she is probably remembering and filling in the blanks.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Maybe she has seen pictures of him, or she is fabricating stories. I think it's best if you talk to her about him. Maybe all these stories is her way of telling you just how curious she is. They do know alot more than we give them credit for.
    Anonymous

• She is probably using her imagination, and pretending to remember about Daddy, I am sorry your husband passed away, you must have alot on your plate, I would encourage her to talk about Daddy with you, and for you to share your memories of him with both your kiddos, good luck, and God bless you@
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My kids were 3.5 and 10 months old when my DH passed. The 10 month old is now 5 years old and invents things that he thinks happened, or stories based on pictures he has seen. Its not easy, but it really is best if you talk about him and let your kids know who he was and what happened.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009