At what age did you take your babies pacifier?

My son is 7 months old. How much longer should I let him keep his paci? I am afraid if he keeps it too long he will have bad teeth.But I don't want to take it too soon either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine was 9 months,
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my son was 2. i wanted him off of it the latest by 18 months, but then my dd was born and it was a change, so i waited a while then my dh deployed a couple months later, so i waited again. then we went out of town and when we got back is when i got him off of it. there was alot of things going on which is why it took so long.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• According to the American Dental Association, children can safely suck their thumbs or a pacifier until age 4 or 5 without damaging teeth or jawlines.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• it wasnt so much taking as they were lost and got tired of looking for them at 9 months lol. DS sleeps better and is more cuddly without one, so that wasan awesome trade! (he's almost 11 months now)
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Don't stress, if he loves it, it is going to be fine, until he is about 4, luckily my DS did not like them, but your doing fine!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I took my daughters away when she was 1.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• UGH he is 17 months now and i have been wanting to take it away for the past five but something keeps coming up. Like him getting sick or us traveling etc. etc. I would have to say take it away earlier then later coz I THINK it would have been easier on us all if we had done it at 6 months. He wakes up 2-3 times a night coz he lost it and there is a paci hunt and its NOT fun....
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 7:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my little one is 16months and still has hers,i just weaned her so i think she is gonna have it a little while longer. id say 2 is old enough
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My 11 month old has his, but we only in the crib or the car. My 2nd son sucked his fingers until he was over 3 and the dentist said it wasn't a problem until he was at least 4. For my baby, it's a comfort thing and I'm fine with him having it to sleep until he's 2 if he needs it that long. I took the paci away from my oldest when he was 2 1/2 - it was one hard night, but then he never asked for it again.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Both of my kids gave up the binky when they were a year old.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2009