4 months pregnant not gaining weight ??

okay im 16 weeks and when i first found out i was pregnant i weighed 152 and now i weigh 148 i lost 4 pounds its not that much but i havent been able to gain is this normal?? i eat all time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as baby is healthy, then you shouldnt have to worry. just be eating healthy. in fact you may be watching what you eat more now that you're pregnant, which is why you lost weight lol
    anyway....just keep eatin and you'll be fine, keep an eye on baby, and when you measure normal, know you both are healthy!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If baby's healthy and you're healthy, there's nothing wrong with it. With my 4th baby, I lost weight the first 5 months, plateaued for 2, and gained just a few in the last 2 months - baby was almost 9 lbs. With my 5th baby, I did nothing but lose weight - a total of almost 40 pounds over the 9 months, and my baby was over 9 lbs. I had no gest. diabetes, not even close, it's just how it went.
    Anonymous

• Haha i am 6 and a half months and STILL gained no weight! and i eat all the time too. Don't worry, if you're 148 you aren't under weight. As long as your baby is growing and you doctor shows no concern, you're fine! My doctor just asks me every time if i'm eating and i say yes every time..he says i must be lucky. I think maybe at 7-8 months i might actually gain a little, i didn't gain at all with my first until 7 months.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 7:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• uh quit complaining!!! LOL I'm just kidding I'm just jealous cause I gain 45 pounds. As long as your eating you shouldn't really have anything to worry about some people are just really lucky. I actually went to school with a girl who was heavy set and lost 30lbs. Like wieghed 30 lbs less the day she delivered then she did when she got pregnant. Some people are just lucky!!!!!!! good luck darling
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I lost 15 lbs with my first child and it took a while to gain it back and then I gained 18 lbs. on top of that by the time I delivered. Im now 13 weeks pregnant with our second child and Im at the exact same weight that I was from my first OB appoitment. I have only had morning sickness 4 times since I was 5 weeks pregnant but I gag allot and totally lost my appetite. Im slowly gaining it back and starting to enjoy food again. Dont worry, the most important thing is that your uterus is growing to accomadate the baby. Gl
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If your Dr. isn't worried about it I wouldn't be.. I lost around 8 lbs and just in the past two months I have gained that back and a little more. I am 28 weeks along. With my first I lost 15lbs and only gained 10 back. But, I am a bigger girl, so my Dr. wasn't worried.
    Baileysmom22304

Answer by Baileysmom22304 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• as long as you are not throwing up everything you eat, you should be fine. i lost 13lbs this pregnancy, and now am 34 weeks and gained my first pound 5 weeks ago.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009