I'm living comfortable & not complaining about the economy!

I would like to meet more moms who are not complaining about the economy. Who are not tied up in credit card debt who can still travel, still buy designer clothes, still buy a house and so on. You home may be loosing value but you have a secure job. I'm not nocking any body up interested to know.

TummyPrincess

Asked by TummyPrincess at 7:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• ummm ..... lucky you?

PS arent you a SAHM? u dont have a secure job. your income could be gone tomorrow and you'd wish you'd traveled less and bought a few less louis bags
    Anonymous

• throwing upUhhhh I have a hard time believing what you say is true. You can't even spell correctly... I seriously doubt you have money to buy what you say... besides, when people truly have the money, you won't find them on here bragging. My guess, is you are trash and just trying to stir the pot.

Anonymous

• I'm not having a problem with the economy either. I'm still able to afford the same things I was before the whole recession thing began. I learned how to live within my means a long time ago. I have a lot of surplus money.
    Anonymous

• I'm not personally complaining about the economy but I know its hurting alot of people. I have a secure job and I can afford what I need for my family and have things I want on the side too. I wish the economy would get better for others though. My sister is having a tough time b/c she is a hair stylist and she works off of strictly commission and people just can't afford to get their hair done right now. My grandparents lost a ton of money in the stock market right after my grandfather retired and now they are having to live off of their social security checks, its just a good thing their house and cars are paid for. I understand that tomorrow can be a different story, I work in the Health Insurance industry and if healthcare reform runs private insurance out of business then I'll be out of a job. I just know how to live within my means and save money for when it is needed.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'm not having any issues with this economy either. Honestly it really hasn't bothered anyone I know. But we aren't on top of the world either, never were. We make okay money, but for the area we are it, it's a good bit. No debt, but also no credit (because we never established it - it's not bad)... It's all in how you look at it I guess... If I lived closer to the city and made this kind of money, we would be BROKE... But for this area - it's a great income...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• We are living quite comfortably and the economy isn't affecting us at all. I DON'T spend money on designer clothes though. We are socking our money away for a comfy retirement, not wasting it on unnecessary stuff. We have no credit card debt and travel very frequently. And my house isn't losing value at all. We've lived in the same home for over 10 years and it has gone up in value.
    Anonymous

• Well, good for you. Way to put those down that aren't. Not everyone is as lucky as you are. I know people who are losing their homes because of this economy. They had good jobs and lost them because the companies decided to take business to foreign countries. I am broke, living in poverty, going to school, but I am NOT complaining about the economy, that is something I cannot control. Would I like a better job, more money, a house of my own? Yes, but I am grateful that I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach and my son with me. We may not have the ability to buy designer clothes, go on vacations, etc but that is not something I did when we did have money. I don't see wasting money on clothes when I can get them for cheaper. I could care less about brand names.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• The economy hasn't affected us at all. We live the same way we always have. We bought our house last year after the values had already fallen so we got a great deal! And my husband's job is very secure so I'm not worried about that either. The area I live in really hasn't been affected, I don't know anyone personally who has lost their job.
    We have no credit card debt and just got back from a vacation, but I don't waste money on designer clothes although I do dress nicely and make sure my kids have fashionable clothes.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• it is a shame that you are utterly lacking in compassion. I feel sad for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• We have been impacted by my husband being laid off from his executive position at a major corporation, but I have a good career and with other income we are able to still live comfortably. We are enjoying my husband staying home since this is not something that he has ever had the opportunity to do. I do like some name brands and I still get to travel. We are not doing without by any means. OP you will discover very fast that women are allowed to talk about being on public assistance all day long on CM, but heaven forbid you talk about buying something nice or going on vacation.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2009