am i a redneck?

i was told yesterday that i was a redneck because i had a party today for my son for getting off probation. just that he completed everything. so is that being a redneck, or a proud parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Weeeeell...in this part of Texas..that sounds pretty redneck. I don't say that to judge. We are southern...but only my son is a redneck. He talks all the time of going to someones "freedom" party. If it has to do with his truck, his guns, beer, bbq hunting, fishing or mudding..he's all there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i guess it could be a red neck thing but who cares what other people think
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it, yeah.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I have to say that yes, it does sound Redneck, but at the same time, it could be a proud moment too. Now, if you would have been serving road kill as part of the buffet, I would say you are full blown redneck. Lol, there is nothing wrong with it. Everyone has a little redneck in them anyways. :)

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My family did the same thing for my nephew, but we're from "the hood." So, it was a "ghetto" event according to some; but, we were glad he was home safe & sound. Plus, it was a way for the entire family to welcome him home. "Redneck", "ghetto"... It was all done in love! Hell, it could have been worse: we didn't BBQ on the sidewalk! LOL!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I actually don't know the difference between a redneck and white trash (I'm sure I'll get called out for this statement, but it's true) and I never cared to research because I would never label anyone any of those things.
    I think it's admirable that a family is so supportive of each other and I think that giving a party for a loved one who made a mistake and paid for his crime is a great boost for his morale so he can know that he has support and can move forward in his life.
    I say kudos to you and to haywire with everyone else.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2009