Should I tell them?

I got a job at the local Pizza place down here just for some extra cash. I wasn't wanting anything that was 40hours a week, just something that gives me $400 a month. (27ish hours every 2 weeks). Well my first day on the job, I get promoted to be Assistant Manager bc I already have the experience plus management experience at another job. YAY right? ok so that's when she walked in - I went to high school with this girl and she HATED me with every bone in her body. I've never known why but she still does. My manager is friends with her. Should I tell my manager that me and this girl aren't friends? Or should I just pretend like I don't know her? Oh btw she works at the convience store that the pizza place is in. I wouldn't be working directly with her. I'm just afraid that she'll tell my manager a lie about me to get me trouble, then I have to fight to prove I'm innocent.

mommie_b515

Asked by mommie_b515 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'd ignore her, if you start bringing up that she hates you then you'll just look like a drama queen. If she starts whining to your boss then she'll look like a drama queen. If your boss believes her then just tell your boss that it was high school BS and that is over with and that you have no problems with the girl and it isn't going to affect your work. You'll look like the bigger person
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• just ignore her and act like you dont know her. and just make sure you do what you are suposed to.she works in a convenice store and most have cameras so if anything comes up tell them to check the cameras... good luck dont let her get to you
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My feeling is that it would be unwise to mention her, just pretend you don't recognize her and be pleasant to everybody. If something does come up, then would be the time to bring up your history to the manager- if she lies about you, but to mention it before would set your manager against you from the start.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Act like you don't even remember her
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It's better to pretend you don't even recognize her. Then, if she tries to start something, she comes off looking bad, since it'll look like she held a grudge all these years and you don't even remember her. If you bring it up, then it sounds like you have a problem with her.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Ignore her. Act like you don't know who she is. Be the adult and let the past go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009