Does your 6 months or older baby still drink warm formula?

When my daughter was born she had fluid in her lungs and because of this she was in NICU. The pediatrician would not let me breastfeed her until she was three days old and then he supplemented each breastfeeding with formula. Because of this she prefers bottles over breast, but I still try to breastfeed her every day and night.
Any way the reason for my question is she will not drink cold or room temp. formula, only warm. I was curious to know what others in her age group preferred.
Thanks!

butterfly227

Asked by butterfly227 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh no babys love warm milk, mine always gagged and still does. My son is almost three yrs. old and still drinks warm cows milk, we have tried many times to get him to drink it cold but he wont have it. We stopped trying cause if thats how he likes it then fine as long as hes still drinking it. My son was also in the nicu for two days a couple of days after he was born cause of really bad jondince and it was horrible, I cried all the time because I wanted to take my baby back home but I nursed him while he was there around the clock but after a nursed him they would give him formula an hr. later while my milk was building back up. The more fluids the better cause it washes the billy out but my son had no problem staying on the breast infact he self weened at 13 months old and I was so happy he lasted that long. Warm milk soothes babys and dont give up on nursing she will take just give her time. GL :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Warm. My 11 month old was breastfed until he self weaned at 9 months so we switched to formula. We are now mixing it half and half with whole milk to transition, but I make the formula half with REALLY hot water and then put the cold milk in so it's kinda lukewarm. But when I give him a sippy cup during the day (bottle only first thing in morning and at bedtime) it's with cold milk or water.

Answer by missanc at 8:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my kids never had warm formula. i've always made it room temp. it's way easier to transition them to cold milk when they're 1 that way
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Normally, my daughter has room temp, unless the bottle was in the fridge or she wakes up in the middle of the night, I'll warm it to help her go back to sleep.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my son still liked having his regular milk warmed up when he was 2, just for before bed. i dont think theres anything wrong with warming it up...some adults drink warm milk to help them sleep and your breast milk is warmer than room temp so why not?
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 2:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2009