I'm getting induced at 5 am! I'm kinda nervous, any advice or kind words?

This is my first baby and I am 39 wks & 2 dys along. The doc gave me the choice because I'm in alot of pain, my belly got really big and I can hardly walk.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say STAY calm and enjoy it... After the birth take the time to hold your little one before sharring. I wish I had... DOnt be modest, if your hott wear your sports bra and no one will care :o) If you need soemthing dont be afraid to demand it. If you not comfy let them know. This all may seem like no brainers, but when your in the middle of labor, you dont think about it. Your about to be a MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Remember that pushing is not like you see in movies, you feel like you are going poop and it may take awhile before your bundle is here. And it is so true you forget how much it hurts 5 sec. after looking into your new baby's eyes :o) Good Luck and Congrats! YOU MADE IT TO THE LAST STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 8:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My prayers and hugs for you and your new baby. All will go well, and you will soon be holding your precious child in your arms. Please post again and tell us all about your baby?

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• 1. Bring plenty of snacks and drinks for your hubby/so AND yourself! When I was induced, I was allowed to eat and drink all the way up until I started pushing. You need to keep your strength up. But keep it light-not a lot of fat-saturated snacks.

2. Bring a good novel and/or magazines.

3. GOOD LUCK!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• PP stated she was allowed to eat and drink...I was forbidden to eat or drink past 12pm the night before I was to be induced because they said that if it didn't go as planned they'd have to do a Csection and a full bladder or stomach can cause problems for them if they have to do a Csection. Good luck to you. That pitocin worked really fast on me so my contractions came really fast and strong so if you are planning on having a epidural then let them know when you go in so they'll be ready because it can take them awhile to get someone down to give it to you. Its really not bad at all, in the end you'll be so happy to see your little one...it is definitely a magical experience. I hope all goes well, let us know and post some pics!
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Try to think positive, it helped me when I was going to be induced. Think or say things like " I know I can handle this, My body is made for this" and if you are worried about pain remember that you can get pain meds or an epidural to help you. Just think, in a few more hours you will be holding that sweet little baby. You will be just fine hon. I wish you all the best. Let us know how you and the baby are when you get back home.
    butterfly227

Answer by butterfly227 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I agree with everyone else, try to keep a positive attitude, relax if you can, and when your sweet little gift from Heaven arrives, just enjoy your bonding time! Much love, many prayers and TONS of blessings to you and your new family!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• get an epidural when you can lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Eat a big breakfast because i wasn't allowed to eat and 12 hours into labor with nothing to eat or drink wasn't fun.

Second if you want pain meds get them early. Don't take the ones that alter your state of mind though. I took them and could barely remember what happened.

Take a ton of picture of everything even if you don't think you'll want pictures of it. you will later

Just enjoy your last night being pregnant because you'll miss it as soon as that little one is born. Good luck you're so blessed to be having a little angel.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Hey my sweet friend!!! Remember what i told you everything will be ok. Just think this time tomorrow you will be holding Mr. Eli. I can't wait to meet him. I am so excite you made it to the home stretch a few more hours. YAY!!!! And to think i still have 4 more months. Love ya
    littlemommy81

Answer by littlemommy81 at 11:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009