2012

What do you think will happen in 2012? Do you buy all the prophecies. Why or why not?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is my take on it. No one can predict the end of the world. No one. I don't care who you are. The world will end when it ends. That could be in 2012, 100 years from now or ten minutes from now. When it does end Earth will still be here, it will be the end of the world as we know it. All you can do is live every day to the fullest, respect your mother (Earth) and make everyday worth it. 2012 is when the Mayan Calendar ends, which is where the conclusion it is a profacy for the end comes from. However, supposedly the Mayans couldn't predict their own demise. Who knows? All I know is someday humans will be extinct, Id rather not know when its going to happen.

Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 8:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• As to the end of the world crap, I will just continue to laugh at those dooms day dingdongs.
    Anonymous

• If you are Christian, the God says that it is not for man to know the date. It also warns of false prophets. So, I guess I don't believe any of the stuff very much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• the world will end when it ends. not much you can do about it, except live every day as if it were your last!!!!
    Anonymous

• If you are Christian, the God says that it is not for man to know the date.

I think this is true.

Only God knows the exact date.

He gave us brains to read the times.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• People are reading too much into the Mayan calander. Obviously the Mayans weren't that great at predictions or else they would have known they were going to be nonexistant. I don't believe 2012 is something anyone can predict and if the world does end on 2012 then I'd be more afraid of the next two years leading up to it. But the movie does look pretty cool :)
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I am stoked about the movie it looks wicked cool!
    End of the world? Doubt it.
    But if it is it is! I am not afraid of the end, I look forward to the day I meet the Lord. Whether that is in 2012 or when I am old and my life is lived. Death is not an ending it is a beginning. Why fear something that will wash all sorrows and heartaches from you,and fill you with complete peace?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• 2012 was the end of the Mayan calendar, not the Mayan end of the world. They'd be setting ups for a great big party right now, not gearing ip for the end of the world.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Don't believe in it. The final hour is not revealed and no one can say when or even how.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I think RUSH (the band from Canada) will re-release their album 2112 with some new songs.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 11:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2009