I think I may have BV?? sorry if tmi

Hopefully someone has some advice?? I just went to my obgyn for my yearly well check and i thought i was having some odd discharge goin on so i brought up the issue and my Dr took some swabs and i asked if there was something going on would i get a call about it and she answered yes, well it's been about 2 weeks and i have not heard anything but lately the discharge has increased it's a clear yellowish and all of a sudden there is some unpleasant odor just sort of a garbagy smell! so mortifying, and i have been looking up my symptoms on the internet all day and i'm pretty sure it must be bacterial vaginosis? has anyone had this? is there an otc that i can use? or should i just call the dr and get back in for another appt?? Thanks Ladies.. I am dying about this, I have never had any kind of unpleasant odor before and I have been making excuses to my poor hubs at night when dd is asleep because I am mortified & it's so gross!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• I had that once, you're right, it was mortifying. There's no OTC that I know of, my doc gave me suppositories to use that cleared it right up.
    Anonymous

• I would call them and tell them what's going on, and mention that you haven't gotten the results from the last time you were in. That will prompt them to check and see if there is anything in the results that would explain what's going on right now, so that maybe they can just call an rx into the pharmacy, otherwise they should get you in to be seen.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• yup it is more than likely BV and your husband should take oral antibotics be can be a carrrer and you can get it again right away!!! IT IS AWFUL ISN'T IT!!! I HAVE HAD IT BEFORE AND I COULD'NT SHOWER ENOUGH!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Call your Dr!!!!!!
    djkita

Answer by djkita at 10:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009