Red spot on my 3 y/o's butt??

When I put my 3 year old son in the tub tonight I noticed this red spot toward the top of his buttcheek.It doesn't look like a rash or nothing-it's a spot about the size of a quarter.I thought maybe it was a pimple or boil or something like that,but theres no head on it-and it doesn't feel hard or nothing...Just was wondering if anybody had any idea what it could be from? My niece had a problem like this awhile back and the dr. ended up having to give her antibiotics and drain the spot-just wondering if I should give it a couple of days and see what happens,or if I should call the doctor in the morning...

dakotasmommy06

Asked by dakotasmommy06 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It could be a spider bite. Or maybe ringworm. If it itches, try some cortisone cream. If it gets worse, definatly take him to the doc. You could also try asking a pharmacist.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It sounds like a bite. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger or painful, call the Dr.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2009