Are questions allowed here? (Specifically atheist ?'s to christians)

Because there seems to be an awful lot of responses lately with rudeness and the question of "why do you care if you don't even believe?" I see many questions posted, my own included, with a sincere attempt to understand some things. And I would think that Christians would want to share their beliefs happily, to help eradicate any misconceptions others have about their god. Am I wrong in this thought? How do you think it is best to share your belief, and spread the word of your God? Do you like the opportunity when someone asks a specific question about your beliefs, or do you see it as an attack?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• not all Christians will answer rudely. And even if as a Christian we are filling attacked etc. We still should continue to try to act in a Christ like manner which should always be in love. However, yes we are Christians but we are also human and not perfect so some times we allow the attacks to get to us.

If you are sincere in your questions, yes we should be willing to share what we believe about God and His Son Jesus Christ. But also, please try to understand sometimes a question will be asked by an atheist, pagan, agnostic etc. and when an answer is given the response is an insult to us our beliefs and the God we serve. Christians have been called idiots, brainwashed, our bible called fairytales and made-up stories. These hurt us and instead of responding in a Christian way some will just respond. But not all are that way. Myself - I read the question and if I think its sincere and can answer I will..
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Oh stop trying to act like the questions from unbelievers are sweet and innocent. Unbelievers are rude and disrespectful. They try to put down the Christian faith. They don't all just really want to know something to understand.
    Anonymous

• What about the ones that DO, anon? By you attacking and lumping them together with the rude ones, you are seriously tossing away any attempt at showing them the path to your religion by being ignorant to them right off the bat. The door swings both ways you know...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• There are respectful questions from some people, but a lot of the questions asked on here are rude. As a Christian, the question after this about most being fear-based isn't respectful. Its assuming that every religious person is terrified of the what-ifs. I am much more positive than that. I am looking forward to my time in heaven, its not negative whatsoever.

If you want to know, ask - but please don't make blanket statements that are masked as being innocent.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Oooh, we're shaking in our little atheist boots, anon. Coward.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• "Oh stop trying to act like the questions from unbelievers are sweet and innocent. Unbelievers are rude and disrespectful. They try to put down the Christian faith"

Anon~I'm not 'acting" in any way. I am asking a questin; which you seem to not like. What is wrong with questions?
    And talk about lumping people together, geez!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• not all will trade insult for insult.. some will just answer. And remember just be cause some are rude... not all of us are rude.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Anonymous Oh stop trying to act like the questions from unbelievers are sweet and innocent. Unbelievers are rude and disrespectful. They try to put down the Christian faith. They don't all just really want to know something to understand.
    __

What ^she said!

and to answer you question-yes your questions are allowed and so are ALL answers. If you don't like if feel free to join a group that doesn't allow any all responses.

BTW one anon was just called a coward so it isn't just the Christians that like to be rude IT IS ALL AROUND
    Anonymous

• bonn777~I know not all are rude...thank goodness! I know many kind hearted Christians that have taught me a TREMENDOUS amount about their grace and love of their God.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• And talk about lumping people together, geez!!

YOUR question did this. Quit playing the poor pity me I am a persecuted atheist card. geez!

I saw a Christian post once in which and atheist responded to the Christian"if you don't want all responses don't ask the question" please take the atheist advice :-)
    Anonymous