PLEASE HELP!!!!! 103.9 temp.

My son is sick and is now running 103.9 temperature.What can i do to bring it down or should i take him to the ER.I'm just scared with the swine flu going around.What do i do?

KzaM4Infinity

Asked by KzaM4Infinity at 9:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• To bring it down you should:
    Give a Luke warm bath
    Give Popsicles.
    Allow to run around in diaper or underwear.
    And alternate motrin/ tylenol every 2-4 hours.
    However a temp. that high should receive a immediate hospital visit as of being any at or above 102
    Good luck hope he feels better.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Give him a fever reducer and check again in 30 min, I don't think the ER is something to do just yet. It is normal for temps to go up and down and even last for 3 days. Make a call to the pedi as well.

Anonymous

• You can alternate between tylenol and motrin. I am not sure how often you are supposed to do each. Maybe you could also try a lukewarm bath as well. I would try and call the after hour nurse line if your peds office has one if you are really concerned. How old is he? I hope your son feels better.
    Anonymous

• u should take him to the er just to be sure
    Anonymous

• oh for crying out loud, i hate when people tell others to rush to the er, it is normal for the temp to even go up to 105. If you are really freaked go to urgent care not the er

Anonymous

• Alternate the tylenol and motrin every 4 hours to bring the temperature down.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thanks for your replies.I was all for waiting till tomorrow to take him to the dr but my husband insisted he go tonight.Which i understand because we know of several cases of h1n1 in this area.And one of the children died:(

KzaM4Infinity

Answer by KzaM4Infinity at 9:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009