Is this normal, when giving my baby a bath....

her arms (hand and forearms) turn really, really blue. I don't remember my other two turning ever so blue. It is just her arms, not her lips or anything else. She really clenches her fists, so much I can hardly get her to unclench them when I am drying her off and her arms feel really cold. Once I get her dry and her clothes on she is fine. Oh, and tonight it happened before I put her in the bath. I started the water and just had her down to her onesie. When I went to take her onesie off I noticed her arms were blue already. Our house isn't cold. We have the heat on. Just wondering if this was normal or something to be concerned about. She has her two month check up on the 29th (even tho she was 2 months on the 13th) and I am planning on mentioning it to the doctor just to be sure but I was just wondering what you all thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could have a problem with her circulation, i'd definately mention it to her pediatrician sooner rather than later.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i would say that the room is too cold, but usually that causes them to look mottled, so i second the circulation problem.... that is not normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Could she still be a little scared of the bath and clenches her fists and it cuts off circulation?
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I thought it was that maybe the bath made her nervous or such but she doesn't cry and then tonight it happened before she was even totally undressed.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the others. It sounds like a circulation problem. Maybe she clenches her fists so tight that it cuts off the circulation and she doesn't realize it? Or maybe its a more serious problem than that. I would def. mention it to the doctor and just keep a close eye on what you are doing and what she is doing when her arms turn blue. You might notice a pattern or something.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2009