Why can't I just let this go?

MIL will lie cheat and steal from her own kids. Her and BF owe DH $90 & have for a while. BF lied and says its only $40. DH FINALLY spoke up and told her it wouldn't happen again. That's great! But he is just "letting it go" about the $90. I am so upset because we've barely managed what bills we have since his check has been short. Then DH's car needed a $200 part, so we've had to get money out of our savings. That $90 they "don't" owe us could have helped out a lot. DH got mad at me for bringing it up and said they'll never pay it so to just drop it. I feel so bad for my kids. The savings is for their Christmas stuff. I have been putting a little in it each paycheck for months and there's no way to get it back up to where it was plus more this week. This will also be our youngest son's first Christmas. Why can't I not just "let it go" as I'm told to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Because you know it's wrong of MIL. IDK how to "let it go" either, but I bet you won't be loaning them any more money, ever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You probably can't let it go because you have financial worries in your life right now and you want to make your children's Christmas a good one. You probably also have some issues with your MIL borrowing money and not paying it back as if she's not accoutable and has little integrity. The thing is, that you have to let it go. What's done is done. You will have to go on without the money and that's just the way it is. It's not right and it sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Although you have a right to feel upset, it is only $90... I would just let it go and make sure it never happens again though.
    Anonymous

• your too worry about financial responsiblities to enjoy the fact that yall have jobs to go to. $90 buck can be useful but it wont' make or break you. you husband has said he know it won't come back to him so if he's dealt with it then you should try to realize that maybe your husband is right.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• WE don't have jobs. He does. $90 did break us. We have 3 kids, one is 4 months old. Sorry, but where I'm at, that's a lot of money. I do have a problem with a mother who would rather gamble her money, brag about how much she has, but refuse to pay back her son. Then buy something stupid for way more money the next day. Its not only $90 when my medication costs about that much. Its apparent that he won't get it back, and this isn't the first time. I can get over it, but I think he let her off way too easy. She needs to know how bad it hurt us and that we've had to spend Christmas money because of it.
    Anonymous

• i have a policy .. if i loan money i don't expect it back. but if the person borrowed the money.. and doesn't pay... i won't go to them and claim it but they could never come to me again.

Let it go.. not worth the stress or anger or resentment
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009