What are some sex tips, or advice than can help my boyfriend & I grow closer & feel more connected to each other?

Since I had the baby 8 weeks ago I haven't wanted to have sex & it's been hurting our relationship..I want us to feel closer & have better sex!

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• For now, don't rush it. Maybe you could just fool around a little for a while. My husband and I do this thing we call "the trade". I give him a hand job or a BJ, and then I get a 10 minute back or foot rub. He still gets some "action" and you get something really nice too. Eventually, you'll want sex again... but you can still have fun until then.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You just had a baby. He needs to understand in way...way patient with the fact that a living, breathing, baby just came out of your body. I told my hubby after I had the baby, I would rather be pushed out a airplane at 15,000 feet without a parachute, than to have sex!!! Your sex drive will return, when you have had a chance to heal and recover. Spend some time cuddling and watching old movies together. Share a picnic with the new addition. Go for a walk, fly a kite...spend some time bonding with that bundle of joy. Make him a coupon with a date on it for: A nite or great sex. He picks where, when and how. Make the date on the coupon, when you think you will be "ready" to have sex and enjoy it again. Let him know your feelings. Hopefully, the coupon "reward" will give him something to look forward to and take some of the pressure off. good luck!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I love Mommas coupon idea above and agree that you should give yourself all the time you need to naturally shift into being sexual again.
    You're making a major adjustment and sex will naturally return when you feel settled. He can help by pampering you and taking care of his sexual needs for now himself. ;-) Did I say?? I LOVE the coupon with the date of 'when you're ready to have sex and enjoy it again'!

Hugs to you all especially you and your new bundle of joy,

Answer by AngelaChenShui at 12:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Just saw crazysocks' post... I like the 'trade', except I'd negotiate for at least 30-90 minutes for foot or back massage... that way he values it much more and requests won't be too frequent while you're taking time to just BE... ;-)

Answer by AngelaChenShui at 12:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You need alone time. I don't care if its just one hour away from the baby, but its hard sometimes to feel like a couple when there's a new baby. Get some time alone - talk, just make out, what ever.

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I went through that with our first son. I sell sex toys, so I would suggest introducing some sex toys. The ones with clitoral stimulation would be good for you to get yourself stimulated. Four play is also nice for you too. A healthy sex life says a lot for a relationship, I think anyways.

Answer by mommaq20 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2008