Christians==how often do you question your faith or get puzzled about something in the bible?

I am just asking because I have read a few times today that Christians are afraid to question what their religion says. I question mine all the time. Am I the only one? Am I not suppose to question when I don't understand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i spend a LOT of time questioning & i get puzzled about something in the Bible every time i crack it open haha. there is nothing wrong w/ questioning b/c its a great way to learn!

i have met many Christians who act like questioning is a sin & it drives me nuts! if God wanted us all to be mindless drones who never question, he wouldnt have given us the option to believe or not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• often.. but I usually get the answers too!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I question it all too okmanders, but I have found preachers encourage questions.
    Anonymous

• Shaneagle777, I find when I take it at face value I don't the answer but when I ask and question God finds a way for the answer to come to me.
    Anonymous

• I don't question the reality of God or the truth of the Bible. Sure there are times that I might get confused by a passage of Scripture and when I look into it I find out what it really means.

I do not think it is a sin at all to have questions. I think the enemy does put doubts in our minds, that is to be expected. That is why we need to build ourselves up in the faith and we need to grow in the Lord. We need to know Him personally. Because that is our foundation-- it needs to be solid so that when the storms come our faith can stand.

When you are confused or when you have doubts pray about it and don't entertain lies. God will reasure you.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Everyday day. I think that's the way that it's suppose to be though. Questions are how we learn and grow no matter what we're doing.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i think there are kinds of questioning that are forbidden but not all questioning falls under that. if Someone ask a question well how did God part the sea... that is a question that no one can answer because it was not revealed how he actually did it except to say that Moses was instructed to strike the water with his stick but It was God who parte it. Questioning the validity of what God says happen is not good. You have faith that he said it and it happened based on what is available to you. But to say i would love to know how god did that... isn't a bad thing. To make up how you think he did it or deny it or mock it..is a bad thing.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• one thing i know for sure is the God will give you answers through his revelation. it cant come from any other source.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Aasiyah
    one thing i know for sure is the God will give you answers through his revelation. it cant come from any other source.
    +
    through Jesus !
    Anonymous

• OH Anon... :)
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009