Has anyone had their 1st baby early and 2nd on time?

I had my son at 35 weeks and I am pregnant with my 2nd now. I am really hoping I will go to term this time or at least to 37 weeks. I had to take an ambulance to Duluth (2 hours from where I live) and have another doctor deliver him. I would really like to be able to have my own doctor deliver this time. I will have to be transfered to duluth any time before 36 weeks. I heard your 2nd one usually comes earlier than your first so I feel doomed to have this one early to. Is there anything I can do to decrease the chance of having this baby early?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first was full term and my second was a week late
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• 1st baby~ 40 weeks
    2nd baby~ 41 weeks
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Mine wasn't that early, but I had my first at 38 weeks and my second 3 days overdue.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• 1st 38 wks
    2nd 37 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My first was 35 weeks. My second I was induced at 39 weeks (not only was my first early, but she was also quick....so they wanted to make sure i made it to the hospital, which is why they induced me. I'm sure she would have stayed a little more past 39 weeks.)
    Do you know why you went early the first time? I know most of the time there is no good answer. Be cautious, listen to your doctor, and listen to your body. But do know that it is possible to go full term with the second :) Good luck!
    RachieAnn

Answer by RachieAnn at 11:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Thanks Rachie, My water broke on it's own last time. My first was very fast, too! By the time I got to the hospital my contractions were already 2 minutes apart and the doc checked me and said "he's got hair"!!! They had to give me medicine to stop the contractions long enough to make it to duluth. And even then I was it was only 10 hour after my water broke when he was born. That's actually another fear of mine, not making it to the hospital.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• 1st - 4 months early (abusive relationship)
    2nd- 35 weeks (boy)
    3rd- 32 weeks (boy)
    4th- 40 weeks two days shy of due date. (girl)
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2009