Do you prefer a toaster or a toaster oven?

My toaster is on its last leg. I want a toaster oven but I don't know if they are worth the extra money or not. If you have one and like it what brand did you end up with?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 10:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• toaster.... the toaster oven was such a pain, not to mention that my kids started a fire with it due to the crumbs. Ugh... go with the toaster.
    Anonymous

• I had a toaster oven for a few weeks and gave it away. I hated it! It burnt everything! So, I stick with the microwave, toaster, and my good ole' oven. Oh and I love the George Foreman grill. Makes good grilled cheese sandwiches.
    meluvja

Answer by meluvja at 10:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I miss my toaster oven so much! It died about a month ago, and we're trying to live without it. If you just want toast, a toaster is much faster than a toaster oven. But if you want chicken fingers, jalapeño poppers, bruschetta—the toaster oven is the way to go.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have both, but tend to use my toaster oven to heat things up like those mini pizza's or corn dogs when I don't want to heat the whole house up with the oven. It is convenient for some things but not so much for others. If you are just heating up pop tarts and toast and things like that I would stick with the toaster but since I use both of mine equally I think they are both worth while! Especially down in south GA where it stays so hot
    swimmachic23

Answer by swimmachic23 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I love my toaster oven! You can cook simple things in it like mini pizza's, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, etc. It's good to have if you are just cooking for 1 person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have a toaster oven/rotisserie/convention oven. It's huge but it's great when I don't want to use the big oven for stuff. Not to mention with the rotisserie I make whole chickens and roast beef. I haven't tried anything else yet.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I just have a toaster. I bought a new one yesterday actually, upgrading from a 2 slice to a 4 slice. I've never had any luck with a toaster oven, and just use a mircrowave for the chicken fingers and what not mentioned above.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i use to love having a toaster oven but i agree that its a hassle. its good if u need it for quick snacks and small meals that u would normally use the oven for. toast and pop tarts are better in the toaster but work fine in the toaster oven. I currently have neither and i miss my toaster oven.
    crystaleve29

Answer by crystaleve29 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My MIL gave DH and I a Hamilton Beach toaster oven that she purchased from Sam's Club over 5 years ago. We love it! It is larger than most toaster ovens. I bake in it a lot. I also lightly toast our hamburger buns and english muffins. I have a regular toaster, too. I keep it under the counter, as there are only so many appliances that you can keep on your counter top. It is really up to you whether or not you feel the need for one or not. I personally like having both.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I love toaster ovens. It's like a mini oven so things can catch fire and get burned badly just like a normal one. Keep it clean and use common sense (like dont like kids use it if they wouldnt use a large oven) and they are great.

I really want a convection toaster oven. Those look awesome! I've also seen some that have a small coffee pot, clock radio, and small egg cooker attached to them.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2009