How long do I stick to my 'new ways'? Stick to my guns...

I've been on 'strike' at home with my husband all week. It all started when he told me he has no 'to-do' list (our chores) hes been saying that and wanting to do nothing but hang out with his friends and play poker. Mind you, we are in our 40's and have 3 properties, and hes done nothing all year.
He pretty much gave me the strong impression not to expect anything out of him.
So fine...
Now today, hes been trying to make conversation which is fine. But then he's asking me to cook this liver for him that he got from his dads house. I ignored him like 3 times then finally looked at him with a nice tone, not sarcastic or anything and simply said, I don't really have anything on my 'to do' list but sit here and watch tv and drink this beer.
He looked so sad and just walked off and kinda shrugged.
Why is it so easy for them to pull that shit but, it killed me to do it back??
And do I stick to my guns? hes cooking it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Can you sit down and talk out your needs and expectations? It's cool to be on strike for awhile, I would probably do the same thing, but it shouldn't last over a week!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Stick to your guns, honey. Men NEVER like to be given a dose of their own medicine.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• they always look wounded....""how could you do that to me. i thought you loved me."... if you do it another day or two. it may work.. mayme not majorly but he could start to do one or two things....
    and if he does you need to reward him, although you should have to.. lol.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2009