im online shopping for my daughters winter coat -- need help w/ sizing...

shes 9 months (10 on the 26th) ... what size should i buy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• The same size she wears in clothing unless shes on the verge of going into the next size then you should size up.
    My 9 month old wears 12 months so thats what size her snow suit is. If it was getting tight I would have gotten 18 months.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I just dont want to buy 2 expensive coats w/i the year ... idk if a 12 months would last all winter ...
    Anonymous

• I'd take her into a store and try a coat on her just to get an idea of sizing before buying one offline.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• why get an expensive one? it doesnt need to be expensive to be warm. if you are worried about it get 2 cheap ones.
    Anonymous

--
    cheap ones around here are windbreakers ... wont even keep her a tiny bit warm.
    Anonymous

• At that age, my son was wearing 18mo old jackets. I had to roll the sleeves a little bit... but it kept him warm. Now he's 16mo and wearing a 3t jacket that is promising to fit throughout the cold winter and springtime. Layer up if you prefer things to be cheap. If you want it to fit well, go with 12mo, but be prepared to buy another jacket by the end of wintertime. Sometimes I just put long sleeved onesies, a long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and a windbreaker on my son. He doesn't waddle as much when I do that. :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• it depends on her size and u should always just go a size up since they grow soo fast! good luck
    mommiediap

Answer by mommiediap at 12:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i would say.....12 months...or maybe even 18 months take her with ya..let her try them on...a little baggy is fine...winter last awhile :)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• p's my little one is 9 months and will be 10 months on the 29th lol cute!
    LexsiesMommy

---
    lol growin so fast huh!? i swear w/i the same week she crawled she stood and walked along the couch too lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2009