I really need advice about the swine flu vaccination!!! help!!

Is anyone vaccinating their kids from the Swine Flu? Im so torn about it..on one hand do I do it and risk complications or not do it and risk them getting very sick or worse. Please help, I have givin it much thought and done research ( wich was no help..its pretty much 50/50 on both sides of the argument). Really need to hear what other moms are doin and why. Their appt. is on Tues.. have to make a decision. Thank you soo much ladies.

djkita

Asked by djkita at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• Like any other med or vaccine there will ALWAYS be a few people who have bad reactions. I think the benefits more than outway the risk in this case. My best friend is a doctor and she says the outbreak is a lot worse than they originally thought it would be. She said all they've seen in the hospital she works in are people who got sick for a few days. I'd rather deal with a sick child for a few days than have my child die from swine flu. Which is the worst for babies, pregnant women, elderly and people with weakened ammune systems. I wouldn't think twice about it personally.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I think you should read the info on the CDC website including the FAQ.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Read the package insert. That alone scares the cheese out of me.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I understand your fear and share it. I have done a ton of research too and have physician friends that go both ways on it. Some very against and some pro. It's stats are scary however. A race to get a vaccine out is also scary and can you really trust the CDC or food and drug admin? Re: hormone replacement drugs they okay'd for years that caused cancer down the road. I am not doing it but I am watching my kids like a hawk. At the first sign of breathing or asthma assocciated with the cold, I am going to the doc, all hours of the day or night. My friend's son just had Swine flu and her best advice was DO NOT WAIT AND SEE. Which we all tend to do, GO IN at any sign of bad cold/flu. Her son was passing little air in his lungs after about 24 hours. Tamiflu, Prednisone and Albuteral and he was looking better within 24 hours. Good luck though!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• You're kid is waaayyy more likely to get the swine flu and possibly die than have a bad reaction from the vaccine.
    Anonymous

• We just had a doctor come to our church this wknd for a health seminar...he used to be an MD, but for the past 10 years he's been a naturalist doctor, and he talked to us about the DANGER of this vaccine ,and so many cases of people that have gotten it and ended up seriously sick even dying from the reaction of this med, there is so much that can go wrong, I personaly will not give it to my kids, we do our best to keep anyone that seems to be sick away from us ,and i teach them how to protect them selves, by washing their hands before they eat anything, and things like that: anyone allowing to be injected with this vax that has barely been reseached, is beyond my understanding!
    Anonymous

• My mom is an RN and told me not to have my kids get the shot at all which i wasn't i don't trust that stuff at all. Good luck on what you decide
    Anonymous

• It is a moot point. Most places don't have any left. According to my husband's work, they haven't even received theirs yet. (At a hospital!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Here is what Dr Sears is saying about the vaccine: http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/ . if you read through the comments, you will see that he is not getting the vax.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am not. No way.
    Go here :) Unbiased info on the Swine Flu and the vaccine for it:
    http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009