marriage

Been with my bf for almost 3 years and we have a 1 yearold together. What is the right time to get married? Is there a right time? Does living together kind of take that "wanting" to get married away since you live together anyway?? I want to get married but he seems to be content the way we are right now, should I even bring this up??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• If it's important to you, then yes, talk with him about it. Some people are just fine with living together without getting married. That situation is not for me, personally, but it is for some.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I lived with my husband for 9 months before we got married. I still wanted to get married... mostly to have a wedding. I'd do it differently if I could do it over, but I'd still get married. Society sees you differently when you're a married couple, and it is an easier path than just cohabitating. Since it didn't matter to us either way, we decided to make life easier on ourselves and our children and tie the knot.

I think you could tenderly broach the subject. Don't out and out say "MARRY ME, BILL!" lol. But maybe something like "You know, I've been thinking about our future. I see us together for the rest of our lives. How do you feel about marriage?"

If he reacts favorably, then go from there. If he freaks, then ask him why the thought makes him so scared, and go from there :)

Good luck.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Marriage is a little more permanent that living together. It's a pain in the ass to get a divorce. Maybe he's not ready? Or maybe he's thinking about it and want to surprise you? There is no right and wrong time to decide to get married, let me warn you that just because you have a kid doesn't mean you have to get married.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I Lived together and had children for 3 years before marriage. I never stopped wanting to get married however waiting gave us the chance to make sure it was right and work out some issues fist. When the time was right we knew and we got married. You will know when you are ready. When that time comes talk to him and remember you both have to be ready for it. Good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I was dating a guy for only 2 months and had an unplanned pregnancy. My Family thought it was important to be married before kids. so we got married and have been married for 2 years now and expecting another. I guess Faith just works in mysterious ways.

Talk it over with him... drop off hints like look at rings and say this is the kind i want. or i would look great in that wedding dress, or This is the kinda wedding i want! lol then ask, What do you think? lol

navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2009