• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone else used Pantene Pro-V lately??

Remember a long time ago when it smelled so good? It smells so weird now and it is making my hair feel really weird...I want the old kind back!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I started using is about 2 weeks ago. The old formula made my hair feel awful, like covered with a waxy residue. This time around, it's nice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I use the restoratives line...it doesn't really smell like much to me, and I like how my hair stopped breaking off. Then again, I stopped dying it so much, coincidence?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• It smells good to me, yes - I use it everyday in the shower lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My stepsister is a cosmotologist, she said that Pantene is one of the worst shampoos you can use. Like you said, she said it coats your hair in a waxy, gross substance. Maybe they're reformed the formula since she was in school, I dunno. I personally see nothing special about it. Just like every over shampoo and contioner.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I used to use pamtin pro-v and i have long hair (TO my knees) but it started making my hair fall out.. so i stopped using it.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Your stepsister is correct. It used to be a salon product and it went mainstream and the quality went down due to mass production. As a stylist I was trained exstensivly in product knowledge.The ph in pantene on the ph scale is just under the ph of perm solution! Took a product knowledge class and tested the theory ourselves. High ph dries out the hair and strips out every god given oil out of your hair then the conditioner coats it down with wax. I'm sure they have changed a few things over the years, but I'll tell you right now I could find products that are the same price or a tiny bit more that would last longer, and make you cream your shorts when you saw what it did to your hair in the long run. I have converted many pantene users over to my side!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I can't use Pantene in my hair - it makes it super greasy and my hair is dry! It doesn't feel clean at all.
    I prefer TreSemme.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That is one of THEE worse shampoos on the market. It leaves little scabs on your head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009