How early is it okay to have a baby?

I Know 40 weeks is ideal... 38 weeks is good too...But how early is a baby okay to be born with no problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son was born at 35 weeks with no problems.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Except jaundice....
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Umm any earlier than the baby decides really.
    38 weeks is not "good too". That is the low end of the full term range. 42 weeks is still on time and its not to late.

does it really even matter? 42 weeks of pregnancy.... thats not very long at all. Women cant suck it up for just a little while longer, gotta get that baby out so YOU can feel better. just a liiiiiitle bit selfish.
    you'll spend the first year of their life teaching them to walk and talk and the rest of their lives telling them to sit down, shut up, and stop asking for money
    Anonymous

• Wow anon....what does that rant have to do with her question? She wasn't saying what if I go past 40 weeks? She is asking how early a baby can be born and be healthy without complications. Relax hunny!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• full term is 37 weeks.
    i went into labor when i was 37 weeks and they did not try to stop it.
    i also know that they will not induce before 39 weeks unless the mom or baby is medically in danger.
    RachieAnn

Answer by RachieAnn at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Rachie that depends on the doctor, at the hospital where I live there is a OB-GYN who is induction happy. She does a lot of inductions at 38 weeks just because. I don't think it should be this way but.....
    Anonymous

• I guess you know once baby is out. Some are born at 37 weeks with no problems and some at 39 weeks or so with preemie-like complications.
    The only thing we can do it be patient and wait to see what fate brings...
    Are you having early labor concerns?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It depends. But I do know someone who had a baby at 28 wks and has had no complications.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It depends on the baby. Some take longer to cook than others.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009