• In the Spotlight:

Potty training at night

I'm wondering how you potty trained your kids for at night. I've got a 4 year old boy and 2.5 year old boy/girl twins, and I just can't get them to wake up and go potty in the toilet at night! I've tried to not give them too much to drink at night before bedtime, and right now they wear pull ups because I don't want them to pee in the bed, but in the morning they take their wet pull ups off and the boys have peed on the floor instead of going to the toilet! I tell them many times, and I've read them potty books, etc., but nothing seems to work! My 4 year old will hold it on occasion and is really proud of himself, but then he pees the next night! It's so frustrating, and I especially don't like them peeing on the carpet! I've even tried putting a little potty in the bedroom, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea since they will think they just go in there and not in the bathroom. Anyone have ideas or something they

twinsnvegas

Asked by twinsnvegas at 11:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yeah I need ideas as well. I have a 3 year old daughter who is completely potty trained during the day but at night she wears pulls up, cause sh wets the bed and doens't even get up . I have tried everything, so I hear you on this one.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• they could very well just not be ready, but make sure you stop fluids completely a good 2 to 3 hours before bed time and try to get at least 2 potty trips in during that time and make sure the last thing they do before laying down is potty. this is really one of the only things you can do that i know of....
    austynsmama

Answer by austynsmama at 4:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009