My 17-month old discovered how to climb out of her crib today! HELP!

My 17-month-old daughter discoverd today that she can escape from her crib! We have the bed as low as it will go, and she still managed to get out! Any suggestions?? She snuck out so quietly during her nap today. I put her back in her crib and watched her to see how she got out. She had it all figured out and put her little leg up on top of the crib, then the other leg, and I grabbed her before she plopped down on the floor. Suggestions please!!

brittynicjones

Asked by brittynicjones at 11:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm, time to put her in the toddler bed and gate off the door!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I've had mine in a crib tent since she could pull up. My first dd climbed out once and only once, but fell and broke her leg. So, we got the crib tent. Check ebay and craigslist too.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• put a bell on her bedroom door (to alert you when she is on the loose). There is no way that I have found to get the kids to stay in the crib. Just make sure everything that they can get into is hunkered down so she doesn't hurt herself. Good luck.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• yep that was when we had to put my daughter in a toddler bed....theres nothing really you can do to keep her in her crib...shes bout ready for her own toddler bed!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• toddler bed
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2009