hip pain...

i am 26 weeks pregnant and my left hip hurts so bad sometimes that i about fall...why does it do that and is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my hips always killed me throughout my pregnancies. especially after i woke up
    Anonymous

• Oh yes im 30 weeks and Ive been having the same issue for some time now. The best thing I found was having my DH look for knots in my back. Ive never really had knots in my back but I do now. When he rubs them my hips feel so much better. Also trying to move them helps. If im standing up I will swivel them and thrust and bend.. Just to stretch my muscles a bit. It always comes back but these things help me
    Anonymous

• your body is preparing itself for baby making its grand exit (thats how the dr explained it to me with my first lol) your ligaments and joints are getting loose and 'floppy' which makes it sore and achy.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• That is your lovely little baby hitting your siatic nerve. My little one has made a nice little spot for herself on mine. Look up some leg stretches (my midwife told me to bend over a table and strech my leg out, keeping my foot on the ground). and try to lay down to release some of the tension.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• One of the most usual health problems that makes pregnant women to go to the doctor is hip pain, medical observers say. The pains associated with pregnancy, especially in the lower back and hip area, are from hormonal changes and weight gain during pregnancy. The hormone relaxin is released causing laxity in the muscles and ligaments. As a result, the pelvis becomes misaligned causing back and hip pain. The good thing is, pregnancy-attributed hip pain will not linger for a long time. In fact, the pain goes away after delivery of the baby. Thus, the controversial hip replacement treatment is almost-never a choice for pregnant women. Click here for more information on hip replacements.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2012