Help my twin boys (20 months) will not stay in bed!

My twin boys 20 months will not stay in their beds at night they both wake up and crawl in bed with us and I'm the one puts them back and they come back. Eventually I go sleep with our dog on the couch! Any tips?

HugsKisses5

Asked by HugsKisses5 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Firm, yet consistent. It will get better, but you have to keep putting them back.
    Anonymous

• You know, I just made sure their room was totally safe and gated it off, and walked away. Sometimes I'd find them asleep on the floor, but eventually they stayed in bed. I quit getting up every time they did because they were getting up because they knew I would get up. When I stopped they stopped. They were doing it for my reaction. If they weren't freaking out or in danger, I left them. They all sleep in their beds all night now......well lol I just remembered my 2 yo was turning the light on and off the other night so I put duct tape on the switch!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Gate in the door! I have a pressure fit plexi glass gate I LOVE. Works good for naughty dogs too lol
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 11:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Ditto to the PP
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I agree too but I had to close the door and my son would start throwing things out of his room! I got a knob protector to prevent him from opening the door to get out. As long as he isn't screaming, he's on his own. GOod luck!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2009