Seizures??

Ive heard that there are several different kinds of seizures. Not just the ones that everyone is use to. (shaking, foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling in the back of the head). I was watching a Documentary on DHC, and it was saying that even when people daydream, they are having a special kind of seizure. DD does the craziest thing and i was wondering if it could be that shes having a kind of seizure. she gets really stiff and kinda growls. sometimes she gets so stiff that even when you try to bend her legs she wont let you. then after a min or two, she snaps out of it. shes been stiff since birth but the growling thing just started. does anyone know what this could be or did anyone else's child have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah thats sounds like a seizure. I have been dealing with both my brothers a sisters....... its hard to say with out an eeg being done though
    Anonymous

• my youngest has siezures.

she has the grand mal (shaking, eyes rolling) and the petite (or absence) siezures which are the blank stare. every one is a bit different.

you should see a dr BUT....make sure that you have a notebook to log absolutely EVERYTHING - date, time, length of episode, what she's eaten, her mood, the weather. that will help them to determine what is happening in her life that the dr can't see.

when my dd has an episode we video tape it with a camera or video camera. can you do that?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I am an epileptic and my son has had febrile seizures but yes, there are conscious and unconscious seizures. Sounds like a seizure to me. I agree with the OP. Keep track of everything!
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have epileptic seizures, and grew up with a good friend that had grand mal seizures. The two are very different seizures. My mother in law has what she terms "brain seizures" that don't affect her from what an outsider can tell physically. She doesn't tense up, or make noises or anything. She just looks vacant all of the sudden. I am not sure what the clinical name for what she has is, but it isn't like any other seizure I had ever seen before. Log absolutely everything. That way your doctor has more than just your vague description of an event that happened a few days or weeks prior. And video evidence is always nice too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2009