daycare?

Were do i start to open a daycare? Help i have always wanted to do daycare and now own my own home we just built it this year!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Start with the legals. Business license, state permits, local permits.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• you need to make up a contract, stating how much you charge, whats provided, and what isnt, also if you want vacations if they are paid or unpaid (my daycare takes 2 weeks, one paid one unpaid). also make a list of any holidays you will be closed. one thing my daycare did that i loved was she had a monthly calendar up that she made, it shows what 2 snacks, and lunch she provided each day...much like a school menu...it was nice to see what she served..as far as price...you need to find out what the going rate is in your area...and the rate typically changes with the age of child...like for my daycare it was 160 a week for babies up to 3yo, then it was 150 a week for children NOT in school, then it was 95 a week for children in school full time.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2009