Anyone who has had a lump in their breast...

I was talking to my cousin today and she found a lump in her breast. She is calling tomorrow to make a doctors appt to have it checked out but she's scared it may be breast cancer. She had me feel of it and it's about the size of a quarter and rock hard and doesn't move. One of her friends is in nursing school and they looked in one of her books and it said normally if it is a cyst then it will move around?
She says it hurts and sometimes feels like it's burning.
If anyone has had a lump before whether it was a cyst or actually breast cancer, what were your "symptoms" as far as did it hurt or move around or rock hard like my cousins is?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Health

• i had one in mine, they found it 7 months after my son was born, it was a cyst but none cancer....... the best thing to do is not panic or worry until u know exacally what u r dealing with..... 7 out of 10 times its none cancer
    Anonymous

• I have recurring breast cysts.

they get to about the size of a grape.

I've had u/s and mammograms every 6 months since, and nothing.

mine didn't hurt, or didn't until I noticed and then would fiddle and poke it repeatedly.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I've had a few breast lumps over the years- apparently I am prone to cysts. Mine were all checked via u/s and all turned out to be cystic in nature. They usually didn't hurt (other than me poking them out of worry) but I did have one that ruptured and that felt very tender and included a burning kind of sensation. I hope the doctor can give her good news- good that she is checking it out, it's better safe than sorry!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2009