3 year old screams on the potty

Last year we started to potty train our son and he was diganoses with Leukemia and we spent 9 months in the hospital with him and kept him in pull ups. Now he is in remission we are trying to potty train and he screams the whole time. Sometimes he goes and we make a HUGE deal about it we call Grandma and Daddy if at work. But I have no clue why he screams it is getting very annoying! We have tried eveything I have even tried letting him chew gum to stop the screaming did not work! Help me

HugsKisses5

Asked by HugsKisses5 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We had the same problem with our two year old..she would sit on there and scream. We finally asked her Doctor about it and after some test we found out she had bowel problems. Maybe that could be whats goin on.
    djkita

Answer by djkita at 11:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2009