How long did it take you accept your body after having your child?

I ask because I'm disgusted and I know there's nothing I can do until I lose weight. Any advice is welcomed, thanks.

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/what-6-months-of-weight-training-can-do-ashley/

It took about 14 months before I was REALLY confidant.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• Nine months on, MINIMUM nine months off and generally a lot longer. Weight Watchers has a program foir nursing moms, which I see by your profile that you are.

Me, I never thought of it as disgusting. It's the price of motherhood. But I abandoned body image worries before I even got pregnant...it just wasn't worth the emotional energy to me. I only worry about my weight as far as my overall health goes.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• My dd is 4 1/2 months old and I started being comfortable with my body again about 3 weeks ago. I still have 5lbs to lose and my body isn't as toned as it was, but I feel like myself again. That bloated uncomfortable feeling is the worst but hopefully you'll shed the weight fast and feel good soon! In case you're interested I breastfeed my baby and don't do any insane diet or exercise, just watch what I eat and try to get out and walk everyday...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I didn't really change...I could tone up on my tummy, but I don't really care at this point.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i feel the same way!!!!!! if i dont loose this weight soon im gonna kill myself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i went the old fashion way after i had my son, my mom bought me a gurdle and a corset (you can find them on ebay) and put it on the day after i was released from the hospital so i never really saw my after baby lol i guess you could say i cheated lmao... but i lost the weight quick... I breast fed too which was a plus to losing the weight in like 3-4 months cause i was also working out when my lil one slept i was back to my pre-pregnancy body, plus a few battle scars lol... I am now 35 wks pregnant so i will be takin that route again... Good luck
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• After baby #1 I killed myself to get my body back and never quite made it back and then #2 came along and i was so tired that getting my body back was not even a concern till he was almost a year old and then i busted butt losing weight and then #3 came along and i lost weight since i couldn't keep anything down, it seems like the weight came off easier after I had her i don't know why. I am still not and never will be the size/shape i was before the kids and i have come to terms with that. I would much rather have my babies then my old body any day. I still work out and eat right but now that I'm in my 30's my body refuses to do any better then it is right now, I keep hearing that line in my head "resistance is futile" lol.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I let you know when it happens. lol Baby is worth it though =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL momma my baby is 11 1/2 months old and yuck I hate my body, I can't just get ahold of not eating at night and working out everyday.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My body would be fine except the horribe stretch marks, which I'm always gonna have so I have accepted it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2009