Is this normal? Maybe Braxton hicks? IDK

Okay I took a short walk yesterday, but while on my walk I started having a pain on the left side of my belly. As soon as I got home and relaxed for a bit it went away. Today I went to walmart to pick some stuff up and I got the pain again but worse to where I had to stop and sit down. After the pain went away today I had intense pressure in my lower stomach. Im only 30 weeks pregnant... What could this be? Is it normal? is it braxton hicks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks is more of a tightening in the center of your belly. This sounds more like ligament pain. It is perfectly normal (if that is what it is). Also, a sharp pain in your vagina that feels like you are being stabbed with a knife is normal- call your dr/midwife in the morning to have them ease your mind- but it sounds perfectly normal.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i agree ligament pain sounds right
    happens to me if I am walking to much and I tend to stand very straight so when u stand straight your muscles tend to tighten and then WHAM crampy sharp pain on my sides or sometimes just one side.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• If it's on one side it's more than likely round ligament pain like they said. You can check if it's a contraction next time by feeling your whole belly when you feel the pain. If it's BH, your whole belly will be hard. You'll be able to feel exactly how high your uterus comes up in your tummy.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 12:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That's so ironic..i was in walmart the other day as well and got my first contraction.Im also 30 weeks. It was a tightening more so towards the top of my stomach than the bottom..i guess you can say the middle. It's very normal. It could be that you were dyhdrated and didnt get enough water in. Thats what my doctor told me at least and i believe her because i dont remember drinking nearly as much as i should of. Like the reply above..the stabbing feeling you may feel is normal too. I wouldn't worry too much and definitly wouldnt go to the hospital (if it were me im only speaking for myself) only because you never know hun. Everyones body is diffrent. I just know what BHC feel like and its not worth a hospital trip just to get sent back home. Hopee everything works out for you.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2009