Do you agree with what they are doing?

"Mercury limits suspended for H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine to improve access
Creates choice for pregnant women and children under three"--this is in Washington State. Not sure if it is in other states. Wonder how many women know this, before they go get the shot for them or their kids?

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Publicat/2009_news/09-154.htm

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• we got the shots last week and guess what my 7 yr went in the ER tonight and has the flu have to wait for the test results on swine but doctor says with his symptoms its more than likely that so treating as such... 104 temp chills vomiting coughing body aches and lethargic ... so not fun i hope my other 2 dont get it
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• its pretty much a waste i had friends who got their kids vaccinated and they ended up sick as well as of friday we had 101 confirmed cases in my county and most of those were children
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• i was told by the nurses in the er when i was there that they recommend the regular flu shot instead of the swine flu... lol
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Like I said the other day I know paramedics who will not get the shot
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I heard a while back that you could ask for the shot without the Mercury and the first thing I thought was omg, who the heck would ask for a shot WITH Mercury in it. I believe it is used like a preservative that makes the meds keep longer. It shouldn't be in there at all if it can be made without. It's sad how the FDA is bashing Cheerios for saying it lowers cholesterol and yet they will knowingly give a person something that is known to be detrimental to humans
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• H1N1 shot isn't even available in my area yet.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• There are two different vaccines in Germany. One for the military and their politicians, one for the general population. I'll get mine right after the prez gets his.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's so frustrating when there is story after story like this and people just go along obediently ...

As a mom, it's paramount to learn the simple techniques for keeping your children from getting badly sick (foods, activities, vitamins & herbs, special nursing measures when they might be coming down with it, etc.)

AND learn the techniques for nursing your child through an illness. (Hint: they have NOTHING to do with Tylenol or Ny-Quil !! )

Happily, our 3 grown kids picked up these techniques and know what to do for themselves when they start to come down with something. (Of course, they don't always DO it, so they do get sick - but then they remember how to help themselves through it ...)

Here's a place to start: An article for Mothering Magazine ... http://www.mothering.com/health/healing-crisis-dont-worry-mom-im-just-growing

Dr. Incao's site: http://www.philipincao.com/
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009